Low Carbon Retrofit
We support the emerging national low-carbon retrofit programme as an essential strategy for mitigating greenhouse gas emissions and meeting the challenge of climate change. We contributed to the development of the Green Deal and of BSI’s PAS 2030 specification for the installation of energy measures.
Our retrofit services include:
- Detailed energy surveys and assessments of domestic and non-domestic buildings, including Green Deal Assessments.
- Improvement option evaluation for domestic and non-domestic retrofit projects, using full SAP, PHPP and iSBEM software, in order to establish capital costs, savings in fuel use and fuel costs, and carbon dioxide emissions reduction.
- Preparation of medium-term low-carbon retrofit plans for buildings of all types to identify the most appropriate and carbon cost effective improvement measures, establish priorities and preserve opportunities for the future.
- Specification of improvement packages for buildings of all types, including building fabric measures, building services improvements and renewable energy systems.
- Monitoring and evaluation (see Building Performance Evaluation).
- Preparation of technical guidance for building owners and occupants, assessors architects, engineers and installers (see Guidance and Training).
- Comprehensive retrofit coordination and risk management in association with Six Cylinder and ArchiMetrics.
- Technical consultancy, system specification, performance assessment and monitoring of a Retrofit for the Future project for Places for People.
- Technical consultancy, performance assessment and monitoring of a Retrofit for the Future project for Peabody.
- Energy surveys, improvement option evaluation and medium-term low carbon retrofit plans for a range of dwellings, for Octavia Housing.
|Ask Our Expert