Housing Energy Efficiency and Sustainability
We assist housing organisations with the integration of customised comprehensive energy and sustainability strategies into their asset management plans.
Housing Stock Energy Studies
These studies enable housing organisations to investigate and understand the implications of potential energy efficiency and sustainability standards for their asset management plans. These studies combine stock assessments with detailed improvement option evaluation for archetypal dwellings, to establish:
- The measures required to meet proposed standards
- The capital costs of meeting those standards
- The fuel use and fuel cost savings to residents
- The associated overall reduction of carbon dioxide emissions
- The potential for external funding
Housing energy and sustainability strategies:
- Formal policy statements with aims, objectives, targets, energy standards and review processes.
- Housing stock assessment, profiling and key performance indicators.
- Fuel poverty strategies and the promotion of affordable warmth.
- Medium-term low-carbon improvement plans for dwelling archetypes.
- Staff motivation and training programmes.
- Guidance programmes for residents.
- Processes for integrating energy efficiency and sustainability into broader housing management and improvement activity.
- Maximising external funding from sources such as the Green Deal, the Energy Company Obligation, the Feed in Tariff and the Renewable Heat Incentive.
- Development of housing energy strategies for Cambridge City Council, The Crown Estate, Hanover, Homes for Haringey, Norwich City Council, The Portman Estate, Penwith HA (now part of Devon & Cornwall Housing), Poole Housing Partnership, The Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea TMO, South Essex Homes and Viridian Housing.
- Housing Stock Energy Studies for Circle Anglia (now Circle), Family Mosaic, Homes for Haringey, Kensington & Chelsea TMO, Peabody, Thurrock Council, Viridian Housing and Wherry HA (part of Circle)
|Ask Our Expert