Energy Guidance and Training
We offer an expert technical writing and editing service for publications related to energy efficiency and sustainability in buildings. We identify and lead teams of technical authors for complex publications.
During the 1990s and early 2000s Rickaby Thompson Associates contributed extensively to the Government’s Housing Energy Best Practice programme, delivering research, monitoring and evaluation, case studies, good practice guides, workshops and seminars.
Technical publications for which we provided the lead technical author and/or editor include:
- The Energy Saving Trust’s Energy Efficiency: The Guide (now revised and republished as Reducing Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Social Housing), a suite of eighteen online guides for housing organisations.
- The RIBA’s Climate Change Tools, a suite of eight online guides for architects.
- The Construction Products Association’s guide An Introduction to Low Carbon Domestic Refurbishment.
- The National Housing Federation’s guides Repairs and Maintenance and Managing the Assets (to which Rickaby Thompson Associates contributed all the energy efficiency and sustainability material).
- The Institute for Sustainability’s acclaimed suite of twelve on-line Low Carbon Domestic Retrofit guides.
- A retrofit guide for households in Conservation Areas, for the London Borough of Camden.
- The Construction Products Association | RIBA guide BIM for the Terrified.
Workshops and Seminars
We also provide technical training, in the form of workshops, seminars and longer courses on a wide variety of subjects including The Building Regulations Part L, Low Carbon Housing Design and Low Carbon Housing Refurbishment. Training is delivered on an open-access basis and in house for our clients.
Projects include contributions to an Open University course module about improving the energy efficiency of existing domestic buildings, for which we have provided technical support, an exercise for students and a video.
|Ask Our Expert